How To Maintain Driving Skills
CAA has gathered information on ways to maintain driving skills, and although the information is intended for seniors, much of it is helpful to all drivers.
All of the following can be accessed from this page:
- Information on keeping physically and mentally fit, which may be the most effective way to counter the effects of aging.
- A pre-driving checklist that includes tips on adjusting a vehicle – the mirrors and the steering column, for example – to maximize vision and control.
- Tips for what to consider when purchasing a vehicle, highlighting features that can help seniors with driving.
- Advice on managing challenging driving conditions, such as driving at night.
- Advice on managing senior-specific driving skills, such as making left turns. (Statistics show that seniors have more accidents making left turns than any other drivers.)
- Comprehensive list of driving refresher courses.
- CAA’s video series with tips for maintaining driving skills.